Updated June 2022
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Information We Collect, How We Use It and How Long We Keep It
From CFW’s interactions with you:
- We collect information about you and your transactions and other online interactions with us.
- In a purchase, we collect information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information.
- For website registration, product reviews, subscription to our newsletter or marketing emails, or other programs you participate in, we collect information such as your name, email address, password, address, and telephone number.
From Third Party Sources: We may combine your information with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, which helps us to customize our services. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. As described in greater detail below, we may share your information under certain circumstances with business partners that help this website function or assist us in fulfilling your order such as.
- Process transactions
- Improve our website experience and quality of service
- Send communications about our products, services and promotions
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
Our website is intended for persons over the age of 21. CFW does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from people under the age of 21. If we determine upon collection that a user of our website is under the required age, we will not use or maintain that person’s information. CFW asks that parents monitor children to protect their privacy as our website is not intended for children or people under the age of 21.
Links To Other Sites
We also use "pixel tags" (sometimes called "Internet tags", "web beacons" or "clear GIFS"), which are tiny graphic images, on our website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers' online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the website. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our website. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
"SPOOFING" AND "PHISHING"
A common Internet scam is known as "spoofing" or "phishing." This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that CFW will never send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at Company@companyfinewine.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
CFW goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Please note, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your Affirmative Consent
CFW’s practices regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of personal information follow the Safe Harbor privacy principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, and enforcement set forth in federal law, including the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (Pub. L. No. 106-102, 113 Stat. 1338, et seq. (1999)).
Transfer of Information
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Union, then you are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), such as your right to request access to the information we collect about you, or to update, correct or demand that we delete certain of that information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the information provided in the Section titled “How To Contact Us.”
These rights are:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by us.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to us by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; you have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
If you are a resident of California, then you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Those rights include:
- The right to be notified of what information is being collected and for what purpose, at or before the point of collection.
- The right to request, free of charge, from CFW: the specific pieces of personal information that have been collected about you; to access or edit your personal information; deletion of your personal information; information regarding the categories of the personal information that will be collected and the purposes for which said data will be used; and the categories of third parties with whom the data will be shared. You may make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period. CFW will need to collect information from you so that we can verify your identity. CFW will respond within forty-five (45) days of receiving a personal information request. Any of these rights may be exercised by contacting CFW using the contact information below.
- The right to equal service, price, and to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your data privacy rights under the CCPA.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our website or would like to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR or the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com or (707) 927-2928. Alternatively, you may mail your request to:
Company Fine Wine
521 Alexis Court
Napa, CA 94588